Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our General Information and Policies for Boarding and Daycare. Tale of the Dog provides a safe, fun, and stimulating social environment. To ensure the safety and health of your dog(s), we require all guests to comply with the following rules and regulations. Safety is our PRIORITY.
1. Day Care and Boarding: All dogs will be given a temperament evaluation. TALE OF THE DOG reserves the right to refuse, or to reject any dog that might be a safety hazard to itself, other dogs in our care or a staff member. This includes, but is not limited to, dogs who are aggressive, anti-social, toy or people possessive, anxious, or physically ill. All dogs must be at least 8 months or older to attend daycare or boarding and all dogs must be spayed or neutered.
2. Vaccinations: To protect all of our clients, we cannot admit your dog into TALE OF THE DOG until we have proof of vaccinations. All dogs must have current vaccinations against Rabies, Bordetella and DHPP.
3. Flea Protection: Our facility is a large 1/3 acre pasture in which the dogs will run and play together. It is very important that all dogs have current flea protection. Your dog/s must be on a veterinarian approved form of topical flea control. Some acceptable flea treatments are Frontline, Frontline Plus, Advantage Multi, K9 Advantix, and Revolution.
4. Heartworm: All dogs must be on veterinarian approved heartworm prevention. Some acceptable products are Heartgard, Heartgard Plus, Advantage Multi, and Revolution.
5. Collars and Leashes: All dogs must be on a leash when entering and exiting TALE OF THE DOG.
6. Daily Meals: Your dog/s should be fed before being dropped off at TALE OF THE DOG for daycare. If your dog needs to be fed at our facility or is boarding with us, please bring food for them from home. We will feed them individually and separately from the other dogs.
7. Sleeping Quarters: Boarding Dogs will sleep slumber party style in our indoor climate controlled lounge area with their friends. Beds and cots are provided. If your dog is more comfortable sleeping in a crate please let us know. A crate can be provided.
8. Toys and Beds: As dogs may become possessive and aggressive of their personal belongings, we do not allow toys and beds from home. Toys and beds are provided at TALE OF THE DOG.
9. Food/Treats: To ensure each dog remains on their regular diet, all dogs that are being fed in our care are required to have their own dog food from home. We do reward dogs during the day using healthy treats. Please let us know if you do not want your dog to have treats or if your dog has food allergies.
10. Service Fees: All fees for services are due when services are rendered. Acceptable forms of payment are checks, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) and cash.
11. Late Fees: There will be a $5 late fee for every 30 minutes after closing, unless by prior agreement.